[Ironruby-core] Code Review: socket2

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Wed May 7 01:19:59 EDT 2008

Peter Bacon Darwin:

> What is the process of these code reviews of external contributions?
> Are you expecting to begin a dialogue, since you do ask questions
> throughout the review?  Or is it more of a feedback opportunity to let
> us know what you have done to the code?  For instance, are you
> expecting me to make changes discussed below and resubmit the patch -
> clearly not in the case of the first item as you have said that you
> changed it already on your local copy?

Generally, if folks have opinions about the review either way, please let us know.

Specifically on your contribution, I'm having a heck of a time getting it to compile under Silverlight. I'm going to block off some more time tomorrow to see what I can do. Sockets are only partially implemented in Silverlight, so I have to figure out the delta. Don't worry about making changes - once I get it compiling under SL, I'll check it in and you can modify my changes :)

Thanks,
-John