[Ironruby-core] Code Review: MutableStringCenter

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 29 19:31:05 EDT 2008

I know that at some point, we were always defining multiple overloads in cases like this.  For center, I would have probably included both the old signature and the new one:

Center(CodeContext, MutableString, int len, [Optional]MutableString padding);
Center(CodeContext, MutableString, object len, [Optional]object pad);

...and simply had the more general version do it's protocol-based conversions and then call the more specific implementation.  But I don't know if that's still the convention we're following for the libraries.