[Ironruby-core] Code Review: mspec-12

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 26 18:53:35 EDT 2008

tfpt review "/shelveset:mspec-12;REDMOND\jflam"

Fixes to enable RubySpecs running in SNAP

  - Implementation of Kernel#exec
  - Fixes bugs in Kernel#exit! - calling incorrect overload
  - Implementation of Kernel#printf
  - Fixes bug in setting visibility of methods defined through attr_* methods (now public)
  - Adds overloads for File#open to handle name, modenum case and fixes a big in how IO#open was delegating to File constructors
  - Defines a FileTestOps class (does nothing right now)
  - Adds a Process#euid method that always returns 0 (need to understand whether detecting admin under windows is possible / realistic using this method)
  - Adds a RUBY_PATCHLEVEL constant and sets it to 0
  - Fixes bug in exit n where we were failing to return n as exit code
  - Added a new RubyTestKey.snk which just contains our public key - in preparation for removing transform for SIGNED in to_svn rake task
  - A few baseline exclusion changes for existing specs