[Ironruby-core] Improved error handling if IronRuby.Libraries is not referenced
ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:43:45 EDT 2008
This might sound like an odd request, but it has just caught me out.
Basically, I wanted to host IronRuby within a Console Application (for
a demo), however I didn't reference IronRuby.Libraries, as a result I
was getting the exception - System.MissingMethodException was
unhandled Message="1::+ (the code was "puts 1+1").
This was my thought process:
1) Created a new project. Reference DLR assemblies.
2) Create new Runtime and Engine (using rb). Exception - missing
IronRuby reference. Forgot, lets reference that.
3) Execute, method missing exception thrown.
4) Confused. Looked back at my IronEditor code - realised I was
5) Added reference - everything worked.
Maybe it's not required, but is there any way of better error handling
in this situation?
More information about the Ironruby-core