[Ironruby-core] IIS Deployment

Josh Charles josh.charles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:49:13 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I have a Ruby on Rails codebase that is only partially completed.  Due
to circumstances beyond my control, the production server must be IIS,
and there is absolutely no way to change this.  Deployment is
currently due in mid August, basically two months away.  My question
is this.  What are the chances the IronRuby project will be ready to
handle something like this at that point in time?  Should I basically
take what we have and rewrite it in something like ASP.NET MVC?

I've spent sometime working and thinking about ways to make this
happen.  My approach, which is probably terrible, was to take the
Web.Routing assembly in a regular ASP.NET application, create a
catch-all route and pass all the information to the dispatch.rb file.
Granted, I haven't actually got this to work, and this is probably a
horrible way to do this.

In any case, with deployment two months away, I need to make the
decision now to stick with Rails, or make the switch over...

Sincerely,
Josh