[Ironruby-core] Wondering how many will go with C#, after IronRuby arrives

Softmind Technology lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 18 11:09:45 EDT 2008

Curtis Mitchell wrote:

> 3. IMO, most .NET developers know very little about Ruby and even less
> about
> IronRuby right now.

Hi Curtis,

I totally agree with you. I have checked with many .Net developers and
very few are aware of IronRuby. IronPython 2.0 has reached beta 2.0
stage and yet its not promoted by DLR team.

I have observed that Microsoft is in no mood to promote IronRuby at all.
There are hardly few blogs seen regarding IronRuby and whatever blogs i
have seen are from IronRuby lovers and contributors.

Asp.Net team has ignored many requests of starting a section for
IronRuby on Asp.Net Forums

On one hand they invite experts like Jim and John to work for Ironpython
and IronRuby, and on the other hand they ignore/waste their efforts by
not promoting it.

All i smell is something fishy in the case of DLR languages.