[Ironruby-core] Wondering how many will go with C#, after IronRuby arrives

Jayme jayme.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:04:10 EDT 2008

Having used C# since it came out, which I still feel is simply a more
Microsoft-supported Java (the syntax is different but the flavor/approach is
right there) I find ruby very refreshing. I will still use C# when I need to
and am very proficient in it, but if IronRuby keeps the spirit of
metaprogramming alive in its implementation I think folks who take the time
to really learn it will adopt ruby in a heartbeat as their primary language.
There are always those who go kicking and screaming to a new
language/platform - I'm not talking about you :).