[Ironruby-core] Wondering how many will go with C#, after IronRuby arrives

Rahil Kantharia lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 18 10:09:48 EDT 2008

Josh Charles wrote:

> I have to agree with Mike here.  Ruby development with TextMate (a
> text editor only) works wonderfully, but I would be hesitant to
> develop C# applications in the same way.
>
> On the other hand, one thing that will be really nice is to have a
> debugger that works easily, and at least similar to the one in Visual
> Studio.

Majority of IronRuby developers will be using Ironruby for web designing
purpose, and working with Asp.Net MVC with IronRuby, a good IDE like VS
Express is a must.

For a plain Ruby development even "Scite" and "Netbeans 6.1" are the
best choice around. Even NotePad can solve that problem, but its hardly
used.

But when it comes to Asp.Net MVC with IronRuby, one cannot survive
without a great IDE, thats sure.