[Ironruby-core] Wondering how many will go with C#, after IronRuby arrives

Josh Charles josh.charles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:54:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Mike Moore <blowmage at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The same reason you think this is the same reason Ruby will have a hard
> time succeeding in the .NET community. Ruby didn't get to where it is today
> with overwhelming IDE support, and I don't think it _needs_ the kind of IDE
> support like you get with Visual Studio to move forward.

I have to agree with Mike here.  Ruby development with TextMate (a
text editor only) works wonderfully, but I would be hesitant to
develop C# applications in the same way.

On the other hand, one thing that will be really nice is to have a
debugger that works easily, and at least similar to the one in Visual
Studio.