[Ironruby-core] Wondering how many will go with C#, after IronRuby arrives

Softmind Technology lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Jun 18 02:43:51 EDT 2008

Iron Ruby wrote:

> The Day i feel, IronRuby is treated as a MSFT child, i will make a
> switchover to IronRuby with wasting a second.

Let me make few things clear. IronRuby/Ironpython are the first ever
open source projects taken up by MSFT.

If they are really serious, they should justify both the new DLR
languages with a good IDE like VS Express Tools. Not much cannot be
done, without a good IDE support. I do not think any good IDE is shaping
up at MSFT end for this new language support.

The only IronRuby tool that's shaping up is from Sapphire Steel, but
that does not come free. Sun has been working very hard with their
NetBeans IDE. Its latest Netbeans 6.1 can serve as a great inspiration
for IronRuby Team.

MSFT has expertise with great IDE tools from beginning and with VS
Express Tools and VS 2008, i am surprised to see, what's stopping MSFT
to go ahead with IronRuby support within VS Express Tools.

Provided i get a good IDE from MSFT, i am sure to join u guys .