[Ironruby-core] Signing problem on Vista 64

Curt Hagenlocher curth at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 16 16:06:56 EDT 2008

To elaborate on this a little, the 64-bit versions of Windows basically have two copies of the registry -- one for 32-bit programs and one for 64-bit programs.  If you've run "sn.exe -Vr" from the "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt", you will end up running the 32-bit version of the program which will update the 32-bit key that controls strong name verification -- but will not update the 64-bit key.  If you run sn.exe from the x64 version of Visual Studio Command Prompt, you will get the 64-bit executable which will therefore update the 64-bit version of the registry.