[Ironruby-core] SVN r114 is out

John Lam (IRONRUBY) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 12 22:49:47 EDT 2008

This update contains the code we demo'd at RailsConf, and a few improvements that we've made since then.

If you rake compile this build, it will generate an ir.cmd file for you in the build\debug directory. The rakefile now looks for your MRI install (by searching your PATH for ruby.exe). If you have your build\debug directory on your path, this file will run correctly.

You will see a bunch of warnings when compiling. We know about these, and will fix them soon (it's the DLR folks deprecating a bunch of old APIs).

I've also added a RubyTestKey.snk file which contains a public key. Our assemblies are delay-signed using this key, and you must enable skip verification to run the assemblies on your dev machine. You'll need to run the runfirst.cmd file in svn\trunk to turn on skip verification for assemblies signed using our public key.

This should simplify some of the SIGN flag problems, although it introduces a new set of problems around signing if you want to distribute the signed assemblies. Unfortunately, we had to enable signing on external builds because there's some bug that only occurs when running an unsigned build. We're investigating this now.