[Ironruby-core] Can't require a simple file

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 06:16:47 EDT 2008

Check out this thread:
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/2008-June/002039.html
Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org
[mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Ubaldo Villaseca
Sent: Thursday,12 June 12, 2008 08:41
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Can't require a simple file

I just got and compiled the latest IronRuby revision. When I try to
require a simple file, I got this error:

E:\downloads\temp\bak\trunk\src\IronRuby.Libraries\Builtins\KernelOps.cs:300
:in
`require': Type 'IronRuby, Version=1.0.0
.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35,
Ruby.Runtime.RubyContext' is missing or cannot be loaded. (Microso
ft::Scripting::Runtime::MissingTypeException)
        from :0:in `Initialize##1'

The files I'm using are:

# new.rb
require "other"
puts "Hello world"

# other.rb
puts "Bye"

The strange thing is that the example code at
http://ironruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?CallingDotNetObjectsFromRuby
work ok.

Thanks in advance,
Ubaldo