[Ironruby-core] Dynamic Lanugages in Silverlight 2 Beta 2

Ivan Porto Carrero ivan at flanders.co.nz
Tue Jun 10 19:46:45 EDT 2008

Hi Ben,

I've sent you the files.  Now to answer the question as to why there is a
need for building against different assemblies. Because Silverlight includes
the CoreCLR something like a CLR lite :)   it has a different mscorlib with
less stuff in it.  Since mscorlib is the base library of the CLR you need to
have a different build for everything that relies on that CLR lite.  Which
is why you need a different System and so on.

So when you just use one or the other visual studio will take care of
selecting the appropriate assemblies for you. In this case you had to do it
manually. I don't think that will change in the future, what will change is
that you will be able to download IronRuby or IronPython or so and you can
then be sure that both rely on the same DLR so that you can support any of
those languages.

Cheers,
Ivan