[Ironruby-core] Trying to duplicate Phil Haack's example

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:38:45 EDT 2008

Using rev 113, I tried to duplicate Phil Haack's blog post (here

I downloaded Rspec 1.1.4

and ran the exact code from the blog; setting the path on the first
'require' to point to where I extracted RSpect

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../../Libraries/rspec-1.1.4/spec/spec_helper'

The error I get is:

IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `require': Type 'IronRuby, Version=, Culture=neut
ral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Ruby.Runtime.RubyContext' is missing or ca
nnot be loaded. (Microsoft::Scripting::Runtime::MissingTypeException)
        from :0:in `Initialize##1'

When I comment out the entire file, and just include the first
'require' I still get this error; so I assume the problem is in

Anyone else run into this?

Greg Akins