[Ironruby-core] Running rake mspec:lib

Peter Bacon Darwin bacondarwin at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 09:51:36 EDT 2008

Thanks Michael.

I copied it across but still got the same failure.  I can't even get the
optparse.rb to require directly (here optparse.rb is in the build\debug

IronRuby on .NET 2.0.50727.1433

Note that local variables do not work today in the console.

As a workaround, use globals instead (eg $x = 42 instead of x = 42).

>>> require 'optparse'

n `require': Type 'IronRuby, Version=, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Ruby.Runtime.RubyContext' is

 missing or cannot be loaded.

        from :0:in `Initialize##1'

But this does not crash...

D:\dev\ruby\ironruby\head\build\debug>ir optparse.rb

Is there a problem with the requiring mechanism?