[Ironruby-core] Performance difference in Asp.Net with IronRuby.

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 2 13:10:23 EDT 2008

Agreed, unless you are running high performance computing applications, like number crunching, your code will probably be slowed down by I/O, Database or other external factors. As far as performance, it isn’t a major concern for us yet. We are more focused on being compatible with RubySpec and CRuby. We will be involved in the Ruby Benchmark Suite project (http://antoniocangiano.com/2008/06/01/help-me-create-the-ruby-benchmark-suite/), and will focus on those benchmarks when the time comes. I’d say a better comparison would be “will we be at par with JRuby or CRuby” and we hope to be on par with JRuby eventually.