[Ironruby-core] Announcing IronEditor - An Editor for IronRuby, IronPython and other DLR languages

Aaron Clauson lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jul 21 08:11:00 EDT 2008

Ben Hall wrote:
> As for Silverlight, yes this would be cool (more cool than WPF!)
> however Moonlight's current "support for Silverlight 2.0 is in
> pre-Alpha stage". I would love to have a Silverlight UI on top of this
> (more than WPF) but I wanted to get WinForms app out the way (which I
> think is more useful if not as cool). Maybe when the WinForms app has
> the core functionality in place, I can look at doing something similar
> for Silverlight.

Hi Ben,

I'd put in a big vote for an IronRuby editor done up in Silverlight.
I've got a bunch of 500 or so users who are struggling to get a grasp on
IronRuby who would thank you as well, we get lots of Ruby usage
questions on our forums
http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 (that link is also
for a free, open source project so no plugging is involved here). Any
kind of syntax highlighting and/or test execution would definitely help
people who aren't that used to scripting let alone Ruby to get a handle
on things.