[Ironruby-core] Announcing IronEditor - An Editor for IronRuby, IronPython and other DLR languages

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:43:58 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments. DevHawk (Harry Pierson) mentioned on twitter
that he would have liked to see the application developed onto of WPF.
It would have added coolness (3D error syntax checking?), but there is
the added problem of Mono support which is why I went for WinForms.
The Engine is separated from the UI, so WPF could be added at a later
date, well almost - I think a bit too much logic is in the UI at the
moment :(

As for Silverlight, yes this would be cool (more cool than WPF!)
however Moonlight's current "support for Silverlight 2.0 is in
pre-Alpha stage". I would love to have a Silverlight UI on top of this
(more than WPF) but I wanted to get WinForms app out the way (which I
think is more useful if not as cool). Maybe when the WinForms app has
the core functionality in place, I can look at doing something similar
for Silverlight.

Any other comments, suggestions or feature requests please let me know.

Thanks

Ben