[Ironruby-core] Announcing IronEditor - An Editor for IronRuby, IronPython and other DLR languages

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Jul 20 16:21:16 EDT 2008

Ben Hall wrote:
> I'm not 100% confident you could easily fit a dynamic language into an
> IDE developed with statically typed languages in mind without either
> changing a lot of the core IDE functionality, or not taking full
> advantage of the language itself.

It can be done ;-)

Standard Ruby (with all the bells and whistles -
editing/debugging/intellisense etc.):
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Ruby-In-Steel-Developer-Overview

IronRuby (editing/design - more stuff coming later):
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/Ruby-In-Steel-For-IronRuby

Good luck with the editor. There will always be some people who prefer
an IDE and others who prefer an editor. I wish you well.

all the best
Huw