[Ironruby-core] Code Review: Spec changes
jdeville at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 15 01:22:11 EDT 2008
tfpt review "/shelveset:rubyspec2;jdeville"
* Changed all invocations of mspec to use the mspec command with Ruby instead of the mspec-ci or mspec-run command with IronRuby. This will allow us to take advantage of future options added to the mspec runner, and possibly add parallel process support if it gets added to mspec.
* Changed the custom runners for baseline and tag to mspec ci and mspec tag. No reason to invent the wheel, and this is how SNAP will be running. This has the side effect of changing the tags to fails from fail
* Added the -G critical option to all runners. Critical tags will be used to mark IronRuby bugs that block the runner. This is based on a discussion on #rubyspec about how other implementations are tracking bugs. The tag file is how things should be excluded unless they are bugs with the reference implementation (CRuby). Thus instead of the ironruby_bug guard, I have moved to a critical tag, which can be regenerated from this file.
* Added a method to generate the tags from an existing critical_tags.txt file. Currently this file is the output of Powershell's Get-Child-Items -r -i *.txt | select-string critical, with some modification to remove new lines. Suggestions for options for automatically generating this file are welcome.
* Added a rake task (regen_tags) to generate the critical tags.
Added a critical tags file to regenerate tags from.
Rebaselined the specs.
Added critical tag to mspec ci
Reordered tmp helper to respect ENV variables before attempting to guess.
Removed ironruby_bug guards due to the change to critical tags.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironruby-core