[Ironruby-core] Memory Usage Tests

Aaron Clauson lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Jul 12 19:33:10 EDT 2008

Tomas Matousek wrote:
> I'm working on working set issues right now. It should be better soon.
> Will look at this one especially.
> Thanks,
> Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I didn't quite nail down where the high memory usage was coming from
either but I did get to a stage where I could determine it was happening
after the RubyScope was being created. So up until the call to
InvokeTarget in the ScriptCode everything was fine. That obersvation is
probably not particularly useful since all the magic seems to happen
when InvokeTarget is called.

Another observation is that in the SymbolTable class in
Microsoft.Scripting.Core there are only objects being put onto the two
static dictionaries. Nothing is ever taken off them. I would have
thought the SymbolTable would need to somehow know to remove objects
after the ScriptScope that puts them on has diesd.