[Ironruby-core] More spec review
jdeville at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 11 17:16:37 EDT 2008
Changes commited as: d3d88c3
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Peter Bacon Darwin
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 12:40 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Ironruby-core] More spec review
Great stuff. The more I use Git and GitHub the more I love it.
I started to write comments, in GitHub, against the commits but then thought better of it. I don't know what happens to them.
Sorry if some of these comments are pedantic. Feel free to ignore them.
- There is a typo in the description of the it "yields while decreaing[sic] self until it less than ceil for a Float endpoint" description
- Should you also consider testing downto and upto towards negative floats since Ruby has different semantics for ceil than some other languages? E.g. 3.downto(-1.3) should produce [3, 2, 1, 0, -1] rather than [3,2,1,0,-1,-2].
Good catch. Tests added.
- Do you need to remove the constant that is created inside it "should perform top level evaluations from inside a block" to prevent leakage of memory and/or semantic?
- There is a typo in the description of the it "includes the curret[sic] directory" description.
- My version of MRI Ruby does not have a RUBY_ENGINE constant. If this is the case does the whole it clause need to be wrapped in a compliant_on() block?
- There is a typo in the description of the it "allow substitutionof[sic] literal regexps" description.
Typo's fixed. On #rubyspec Brian suggested we leave it as is to add an incentive to MRI. If it bugs you we can do a version guard.
From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Jim Deville
Sent: Friday,11 July 11, 2008 07:17
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org; IronRuby External Code Reviewers; Srivatsn Narayanan
Subject: [Ironruby-core] More spec review
I've commited some more stuff to my Rubyspec fork, I'd like to get some reviews before I merge them to Johns. The commit numbers are:
That's the last 6 commits I've made.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironruby-core