[Ironruby-core] Any Plans for a StarterKit in IronRuby on CodePlex.

Ben Hall ben2004uk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:23:33 EDT 2008

The potential problem to this would be that the starter kits are based
on webforms, as such porting them to MVC and IronRuby would be a big
task without much benefit?

Personally, I'm not a great fan of massive starter kit projects as
they trend to take too long to get your head around. Plus they are
pretty boring I imagine to implement.

I would much prefer to see simple well focused examples of how to use
IronRuby + MVC in the form of blog posts or articles. This might
include a comparison of how it would be done using C#. Then, when you
wanted to find out certain bits of information you could easily search
for articles instead of a massive codebase which might not include
what your after, and even if it does - without an explication.

Ben
Blog.BenHall.me.uk