[Ironruby-core] Code Review: fixes-2

Jim Deville jdeville at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 9 01:20:30 EDT 2008

I've included Srivatsn since he will be covering for me when I'm on paternity leave.

None of the changes in context are using the -B option, so they aren't using the default.mspec, unless, perhaps, you have it in the default search locations for mspec.

I've been looking more, and running via mspec, instead of the direct mspec-{ci,tag,run} commands also can affect which specs run. Some specs are guarded for if the runner is MSpec or RSpec, using that env. Variable (see mspec/lib/mspec/guards/runner.rb). I'd also expect more config to move into mspec, so we probably want to keep using it.

I also wonder why you removed the common command that removed repetition when preparing the command line.

I purposely left core and lang active in default.mspec to allow one command to run all passing tests. Do we want that changed?  Target should also stay in to allow mspec to be run without requiring the -t target.

I don't see the point in changing path_to_ir to iruby, isn't path_to_ir already a string?

I thought it made sense to keep the config file both in ~, any reason why not?