[Ironruby-core] spec question

Unnikrishnan Nair ksunair at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 04:19:14 EDT 2008

When I was testing the File.zero? I noticed File.zero?('NUL') failed. I looked the code and it seems there is no special check there to exclude NUL as a not a valid file. I created a constant
        private readonly static string NUL_VALUE = "NUL";

and added a else clause in the trycreate method  as

else if (path.Equals(NUL_VALUE))
                {
                    result = null;
                }

and now the NUL works fine for zero.

I have two questions with this regard;
1. Can I apply these changes and push in the patch?
2. When we run the rake spec, will it include following tests on Windows?
platform :not, :mswin do
    it "returns true for /dev/null" do
      File.zero?('/dev/null').should == true
    end
  end
It seems it does,

I haven't looked at the Rubinius to see how the platform is supposed to work.

Thanks,
unni