[Ironruby-core] Busy Day with IronRuby

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:16:57 EST 2008

OK, so I couldn't get some of the simple examples of using RubyEngine
to start calling Ruby from C#...

So I spent a bit reading through the mailing list archives (realizing
while doing that, that I'd asked a frequently asked question).

Now, I hope I'm not asking another stupid question.

I found another post (
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/2008-January/000616.html
) that suggests a method of running Ruby.

However, I get an error on this line

            IScriptEngine engine = IronRuby.GetEngine(runtime);

Which shows this stack trace

   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args,
SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args,
SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr,
Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[]
activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags
bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture,
Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ReflectionUtils.CreateInstance[T](Type
actualType, Object[] args) in
c:\Libraries\IronRuby\trunk\src\microsoft.scripting\Utils\ReflectionUtils.cs:line
127

--
Greg Akins
Software Development Manager