[Ironruby-core] Just starting with IronRuby; problem with rbx

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 27 14:00:05 EST 2008

Greg Akins:

> This appeared to be working in the "Get/Build" screencast.  Did it
> disappear

Yep. It was a hack that was removed at around the time of RubyConf. It has to do with how we compile the line of code and what context that code gets compiled into. You need to save your local context across compilations for your locals to show up the next time around. This problem doesn't exist when we compile files as opposed to lines.

At some point we'll be able to just run irb instead of our own console. To run irb, we'll need the same set of features that we require for our own console. Shouldn't be much longer before that's working.

-John