[Ironruby-core] Littl' question about the build process

Tomas Restrepo tomas at winterdom.com
Wed Jan 16 10:12:01 EST 2008

Hey John,

> It's not VS that we're concerned about, it's C#. It would be so nice to be able to type:
>
> var greaterThanSharedSite = DynamicSite<object, object, object>.Create(InstanceCallAction(">", ArgumentKind.Simple));
>
> DynamicSite<object, object, object> greaterThanSharedSite = DynamicSite<object, object, object>.Create(InstanceCallAction(">", ArgumentKind.Simple));
>
> But we can't move to the new compiler until we get enough folks agreeing to switch over ...

Personally, I'm building with VS2008 for now, and wouldn't mind being
forced to use VS2008 to develop. The more interesting question is
whether .NET 3.5 would become the minimum requirement for the DLR and
IronRuby *at runtime*. If the idea is to still be targeting plain .NET
2.0 for runtime, I think that would be a lot better and more palatable
for many people.

--
Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/