[Ironruby-core] Littl' question about the build process

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 16 10:04:05 EST 2008

Jb Evain:

> That's probably the best way to reach and ease most people. I tend to
> simply suffix the filename with the VS version it targets, ex:
> IronRuby-2008.csproj.
> Along with a script to update the csprojs to keep them in sync :)

It's not VS that we're concerned about, it's C#. It would be so nice to be able to type:

var greaterThanSharedSite = DynamicSite<object, object, object>.Create(InstanceCallAction(">", ArgumentKind.Simple));

DynamicSite<object, object, object> greaterThanSharedSite = DynamicSite<object, object, object>.Create(InstanceCallAction(">", ArgumentKind.Simple));

But we can't move to the new compiler until we get enough folks agreeing to switch over ...

-John