[Ironruby-core] Littl' question about the build process

Thibaut Barrère thibaut.barrere at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 05:06:52 EST 2008

I need some clarifications for my readers: I believe we have three
ways of compiling IronRuby today:
- through the rake compile task (is it the preferred way ?)
- through IronRuby.sln (for 2005)
- through Ruby.sln (for 2008 ?)

Are both the .sln files maintained ? Is my guess correct about 2005/2008 ?

In the long run, are all these intented to be maintained ?

ps: John I wrote you an email a while back but I'm not sure you got it
actually. I was suggesting we could (in a couple of weeks maybe,
unless it's already done internally at ms ?) grab a couple of the most
widely used ruby gems, focus on those with unit tests or specs (or
write a couple of integration tests ourselves), and setup a continuous
integration server to run those gems tests through rbx.

Is it already done somewhat ? What do you think ?

-- Thibaut