[Ironruby-core] problem in rbx

Corey Haines coreyhaines at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 13:51:07 EST 2008

Hi, all,

I'm new to the list, as I'm interested in getting involved in the IronRuby
project (combine my two loves: ruby and C#). I followed John's video on
downloading and installing it, and I noticed one major difference: there is
no release folder. Instead, I find rbx.exe in the c:\svn\trunk\build\debug.
When I cd into it and run it, the console comes up. I can do the first step
a = [1,2,3]

but, when I try to do anything with a, it throws a

System.MissingMethodException: undefined local variable or method 'a' for
main:Ruby.Builtins.RubyClass

Any thoughts?

Also, here is a jinq video capture of the thing:

http://screencast.com/t/XXlL4EluXK5

-Corey

--
http://www.coreyhaines.com
The Internet's Premiere source of information about Corey Haines