[Ironruby-core] Patch submission - sockets

John Messerly jomes at microsoft.com
Fri Jan 11 19:54:57 EST 2008

John Messerly:

> > 3) Can I get a quick yes/no answer as to whether I'm allowed to look
> > at MRI's source code and still contribute to this project? Also, are
> > you guys (Microsoft employees) allowed to look at this code - and if
> > you're not, can I still refer to MRI source code in questions I post
> > to this list regarding implementation details?
>
> Not sure whether you're allowed to look at MRI code. We aren't.

Got clarification. Basically, the only requirement for contributors is to follow the contributor agreement. Otherwise, look at anything you want.

(Also referring to MRI code on the list is fine too--people do it on ruby-core, to which I'm subscribed, I don't see how that would be any different from this list)

- John