[Ironruby-core] Automatic conversion of bool to int

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Jan 11 12:17:40 EST 2008

And regarding your applicable targets question: Yes, infact there's two ways to specify the preference, hopefully that'll go back down to 1 someday :).  The ActionBinder provides the conversion helpers and has two methods related to this.  The first is the PreferConvert method where you're passed two types and you select which one you want.  The 2nd (and more likely to survive long term) is SelectBestConversionFor where you get the actual type passed in, and the two types that are candidates for method selection, as well as the current NarrowingLevel.  Currently we first consult SelectBestConversionFor and the last thing we do is check PreferConvert if we still haven't figured out the best method.

This is done on a parameter by parameter basis and so all of the parameters need to be better than the parameters for another method otherwise we'll have an ambiguous match.