[Ironruby-core] SVN Revision 71

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 10 11:39:34 EST 2008

Whoops - sent to wrong list :)

The major Ruby-visible change is the addition of super thanks to John Messerly.

The constant generation bug that Peter reported is now fixed in this revision.

You'll also see some of the beginnings of our hosting API work on console streams.

The rake test runner is broken on a StringScanner test issue. On examining the test that fails, I really don't understand what the test is trying to do after looking at the sources. I've inverted the test in a shelveset that I have here which does a bunch of other test-related fixes (the goal is to drive all spec failures to zero using the exclude functionality and use zero failures as a baseline for regression testing).

Tomas is now working on fixing the scanner (yay). One of the outcomes I want to see out of that work is zero failures out of the parser. Right now we still blow up on some specs due to parser exceptions. This will help drive the zero spec failure baseline from above.