[Ironruby-core] SVN Revsion 70

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Wed Jan 9 16:23:44 EST 2008

Peter Bacon Darwin:

> I notice from the rake file that the :test_libs task is going to become
> obsolete soon.  From the look of this email, it seems that all tests
> written
> in Ruby are now basically Rubinius specs.  Is this the case?  What
> happens
> if we right our own specs for IronRuby?  Do we have to get them
> included in
> the Rubinius specs in order that they filter down to the IronRuby
> codebase?

The library tests will be rubinius specs. However, we will continue to use lower-level test harnesses for testing the language.

I'm working with Brian Ford to figure out what to do about integrating changes back into the rubinius specs (which will have their own home sometime soon). I've already checked in additional specs for IO into our tree.

I think it should be fine to continue to work on our additions in parallel and then RI those changes back into the ruby spec tree once it gets spun up.