[Ironruby-core] Ruby.NET vs. IronRuby: Overview Posted to O'ReilyNet/Windows DevCenter

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:12:34 EST 2008

2008/1/2, M. David Peterson <m.david at xmlhacker.com>:
http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2008/01/rubynet_vs_ironruby_whats_the.html

You wrote:
What about support for Ruby on Rails?
>From the Ruby.NET side there are only a handful of obstacles left to overcome...

This is not my impression. For example, there needs to be an
implementation of Socket. And Mutex. And another "same name" issue,
i.e. thread.rb and thread.so. And who know what.

Not to mention ADO.NET backend to ActiveRecord (like
ActiveRecord-JDBC) and other niceties. By the way, I think a lot of
Ruby and .NET integration can be developed right now, without waiting
for IronRuby or Ruby.NET, by using RubyCLR which has no compatibility
problems.

--
Seo Sanghyeon