[Ironruby-core] DLR - where is the community?

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Fri Feb 29 14:00:45 EST 2008

Yes, it is not an easy decision without knowing the what activity level to expect. If there are not enough people active on the mailing list, it reduces the value to the participants since their questions will not be answered quickly. So specialized mailing lists are necessarily the right answer. A separate codebase has significant disadvantages - if you want to find matching versions of IronRuby or IronPython to see how they use the DLR, you will have a hard time.

Do start using the IronRuby or IronPython mailing lists for DLR questions. If the volume of DLR-specific questions goes up, that will make it easier to decide to create a separate mailing list.