[Ironruby-core] Ruby In Steel IronRuby Edition - how about XAML / WPF? :-)

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Feb 29 05:05:32 EST 2008

Thanks for the comments, Robert. In principle, WPF support is not
difficult and as a general rule we plan to 'move forward' with Ruby In
Steel. Currently, our alpha product is very basic (though I'm pleased to
hear you say that it doesn't seem so!) - and, really, we are waiting for
a few more iterations of IronRuby development before going too far
ahead. So things such as WPF, debugging and IntelliSense will have to
wait till later.

We actually have implemented some IntelliSense already but we turned it
off for the alpha release as it is by no means yet as good as the
IntelliSense in our standard product. We felt it was worth waiting until
IronRuby itself was a bit more mature before putting effort into
supporting the full range of features and technologies that you would
expect in the finished product.

best wishes

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio