[Ironruby-core] Dead Slow Progress on IronRuby... No Beta Yet

Eric Nicholson enicholson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:58:00 EST 2008

In the IR crew's defense, there is a lot you can do with IronRuby right now,
that isn't practical otherwise.  Sure the ruby libraries are great, and
running Rails on .NET is cool.  But I'm a .NET programmer, I don't really
care that much about the ruby framework, I want the language in MY apps.

The .NET interop in IronRuby really works well, and makes a great way to
control mountains of .NET code dynamically with a much more elegant

Good job guys!

On one level I agree though... It's about time for a binary release.  It's
hard to convince other people to look at something you have to grab from SVN
and compile.  Beta, alpha or CTP, I don't really care.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Web Reservoir <lists at ruby-forum.com>