[Ironruby-core] Dead Slow Progress on IronRuby... No Beta Yet

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:53:27 EST 2008

Because of the current heads down nature of the DLR team, I think the
current /perception/ of lack of progress is real.  Knowing that things
are going to change around Mix in the code kind makes one a bit lery
to put too much stock in what we have now.  Meaning, I don't know what
bugs are being worked on and what interfaces and APIs might change
between now and then.  Just makes me a bit hesitant.  That said, one
can still download, play and submit bugs..

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:38 PM, M. David Peterson
<m.david at xmlhacker.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:25:01 -0700, Web Reservoir <lists at ruby-forum.com>
>  wrote:
>

>  > It seems there is something wrong with the exact
>  > tuning with DLR
>
>  If I were to speculate I would think that you'll see a massive influx of
>  code just after Mix08 for the simple fact that -- as far as I can tell --
>  everyone @ MSFT working on DLR-related projects is heads down at the
>  moment preparing for a spectacular showcase of platform capabilities, new
>  announcements of products/project features, etc.  Once the pressure of
>  Mix08 has been released my *guess* is that these same folks will start
>  churning out code that extends from what was shown @Mix by the truck load.
>
>  Of course, this is just a guess, but having worked @MSFT and having
>  presented at many conferences while I was there I can assure you that the
>  preparations for shows as big as Mix begin _well_ in advance, and the
>  pressure to go big is tremendous. Once that pressure has subsided, I would
>  expect rapid advancement of the IronRuby project.
>
>  Just my two cents.
>
>  --
>  /M:D
>
>  M. David Peterson
>  Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
>  Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
>  Mobile: (206) 418-9027
>  http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
>  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354