[Ironruby-core] Dead Slow Progress on IronRuby... No Beta Yet

M. David Peterson m.david at xmlhacker.com
Tue Feb 26 23:38:26 EST 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:25:01 -0700, Web Reservoir <lists at ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> It seems there is something wrong with the exact
> tuning with DLR

If I were to speculate I would think that you'll see a massive influx of
code just after Mix08 for the simple fact that -- as far as I can tell --
everyone @ MSFT working on DLR-related projects is heads down at the
moment preparing for a spectacular showcase of platform capabilities, new
announcements of products/project features, etc.  Once the pressure of
Mix08 has been released my *guess* is that these same folks will start
churning out code that extends from what was shown @Mix by the truck load.

Of course, this is just a guess, but having worked @MSFT and having
presented at many conferences while I was there I can assure you that the
preparations for shows as big as Mix begin _well_ in advance, and the
pressure to go big is tremendous. Once that pressure has subsided, I would
expect rapid advancement of the IronRuby project.

Just my two cents.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 418-9027
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354