[Ironruby-core] Dead Slow Progress on IronRuby... No Beta Yet

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 26 23:35:01 EST 2008

Web Reservoir:

> Even with all this aspects... IronRuby Progress is dead slow.
>
> If a part of Ruby.Net was included, and if Ruby.Net can give a stable
> version, why IronRuby lacks Beta Stage so far. Its almost one year
> since IronRuby was announced in the Mix event last year, and the new
> Mix 2008 is round the corner, still no news about Beta yet...

If you feel progress is 'dead slow', then *you* can help out. You can contribute by downloading the sources, building them and reporting bugs. You can also contribute by contributing patches.

We *do* have members from the community who have helped out tremendously in their spare time. Surely you can do the same?

BTW, can you please define 'beta stage' for me so that we can make sure to add it to our plans?

Thanks,
-John