[Ironruby-core] ClassInitGenerator issues

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 18:35:15 EST 2008

Yes, I can certainly write Ruby tests for these libraries as well,
but I'd prefer to also be able to write simple C# test harnesses that directly
exercise these libraries.

Firstly, there's the issue that external libraries can't currently be loaded into IronRuby.
And from a testing perspective, it's always desirable to eliminate as many variables as possible,
ie if a test doesn't work, one doesn't want to have to consider: is this a bug in the library that I'm testing or in some other aspect of the IronRuby infrastructure.

The OpenSSL_Test.cs file that I attached to a previous post is a simple example of what I'm talking about. But I'm not sure how to extend that approach when CodeContexts are required.

Cheers, Wayne.