[Ironruby-core] defined? bug

Wayne Kelly w.kelly at qut.edu.au
Tue Feb 19 07:31:11 EST 2008

I assume this is just one of the many features that is yet to be fully implemented, but there was no TODO comment  in the code, so I thought I'd mention that the current implementation of the defined? function in AstNodeDescriptionExpression.TransformRead is overly simplistic.

For example, it always returns "constant" for the expression:

defined? Foo

where as it should return nil if constant Foo hasn't been initialized. In general, each type of expression has it's own semantics as to when it is considered defined.

Cheers, Wayne.