[Ironruby-core] MergeLocation bug

Tomas Matousek Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 18 23:03:10 EST 2008

Will look at it.

Thanks!
Tomas

From: ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org [mailto:ironruby-core-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Wayne Kelly
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 5:12 PM
To: ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
Subject: [Ironruby-core] MergeLocation bug

A Parser/scanner bug has been introduced in lastest revision.

We used to be able to successfully parse rubygems-1.0.1\setup.rb but it now raises an assertion error in SourceSpan::ValidateLocations.

The problem lies in the Parser::MergeLocations method which I believe needs to be able to deal with the case where the end span lies before the start span. This occurs when there is a production with an empty RHS. Such a scenario should produce a span of width 0.

I also note that the arguments to MergeLocation on line 350 of GPPG.cs have been reversed - I'm not sure that is correct.

Cheers, Wayne.