[Ironruby-core] requiring .NET assemblies

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Mon Feb 18 22:34:36 EST 2008


I got basically the same result when trying to use a SubSonic-generated DLL
from IronPython.  The Assembly.GetTypes function wasn't able to resolve the
generated classes because "Could not load file or assembly 'SubSonic,
Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eadb47849839a332' or one of
its dependencies"
The problem went away when I copied the SubSonic DLLs into the same
directory as the executable.
On Feb 18, 2008 6:19 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz> wrote:

> Yep
>
>
> On Feb 19, 2008 1:37 PM, Curt Hagenlocher <curt at hagenlocher.org> wrote:
>
> > So, the Customer class was generated by SubSonic and is contained in
> > DataAccess.Subsonic.dll?  Do you get the same results by leaving out the
> > include and saying
> >
> > DataAccess::SubSonic::Customer.new
> >
> > instead?
> >   On Feb 18, 2008 12:30 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero <ivan at flanders.co.nz>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi,
> > >
> > > I ran into a pretty weird issue, I tried to use some of the .NET ORM's
> > > with IronRuby.
> > > I haven't investigated with the debugger turned on yet but here's what
> > > I observed
> > >
> > > I tried this with ActiveRecord from Castle, SubSonic and LightSpeed.
> > > Linq2Sql doesn't have a problem.
> > >
> > > What the first 3 ORM's have in common is that I can use the types in
> > > the actual ORM library. All of those ORM's require you to have a generic
> > > base class.
> > > If I include other types in the assembly (non generic base classes)
> > > then I can just use those classes.
> > > When I create a type with a generic base class that is defined in the
> > > same assembly I can use that class in IronRuby
> > >
> > > For SubSonic a Customer class could look like:
> > >
> > > *public class Customer : ActiveRecord<Customer>{
> > >   // model code here
> > > }*
> > >
> > > The output from the console session that shows the behavior. I tried a
> > > lot of different approaches but it always boils down to the same error.
> > >
> > > *IronRuby 0.1 on .NET 2.0.50727.1434
> > > Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> > >
> > > Note that local variables do not work today in the console.
> > > As a workaround, use globals instead (eg $x = 42 instead of x = 42).
> > >
> > > >>> require 'mscorlib'
> > > => true
> > > >>> require Dir.getwd + '/SubSonic.dll'
> > > => true
> > > >>> require Dir.getwd + '/DataAccess.SubSonic.dll'
> > > => true
> > > >>> include DataAccess::SubSonic
> > > => Object
> > > >>> Customer.new
> > > IronRuby.Libraries:0:in `ConstantMissing': uninitialized constant
> > > Object::Customer (NameError)
> > >         from :0:in `main'
> > >         from :0:in `##16'
> > > >>> exit*
> > >
> > > Is this a bug or is it a case of me missing something?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Ivan
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Ironruby-core mailing list
> > > Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> > > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
> > >
> > >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Ironruby-core mailing list
> > Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
> >
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ironruby-core mailing list
> Ironruby-core at rubyforge.org
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/ironruby-core
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/ironruby-core/attachments/20080218/e1288b23/attachment.html 


More information about the Ironruby-core mailing list