[Ironruby-core] Towards Rails on .NET

John Lam (DLR) jflam at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 18 13:53:21 EST 2008

Wayne Kelly:

> I'd like to start working on some of these libraries, but first want
> to check who is already working on what. I understand that John
> Messerly is working on a YAML port and according to the WIKI, Eduardo
> Flores is working on stringio and Curt Hagenlocher is working on
> strscan. Is this list correct and complete. Is anyone else already
> working on any of these libraries?

I think it would be awesome if you could start investigating the openssl and zlib support. Both of these are on the critical path to getting Rails to work and don't have other folks looking at them AFAIK.

I think it is important to look at integration with IIS 7 + fastcgi, and then looking at back-porting to IIS 6 as a lower priority.

I'm still working on the status app. Wayne has already provided me with the dynamic method traces of these scenarios. Wayne, if you want feel free to make those files available to the group (I don't think the list will make it easy to do this, so uploading them to a server and providing a link will likely be the best way to do this).

Thanks,
-John