[Ironruby-core] IronRuby debugging support in VS

Huw Collingbourne lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Feb 14 11:34:56 EST 2008

John Lam (DLR) wrote:
> The good news is that you should just be able to reuse our work to get
> debugging support working. AFAIK there was almost no work required to
> enable debugging in VS once we got IronRuby + DLR generating the correct
> PDBs.

That's good to hear. It should be a lot less work for us to get the
IronRuby debugger integrated than it was to write a fast debugger for
standard Ruby ;-)

I must say that I've really started enjoying using IronRuby now we have
a workable form designer. The big thing I've missed up to now has been
the debugger so that's going to be a great addition.

best wishes

SapphireSteel Software
Ruby and Rails In Visual Studio