[Ironruby-core] Initializing external Ruby libraries

Michael Letterle michael.letterle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 20:03:02 EST 2008

What do you see would be the advantage of something like this as
opposed to the current method of loading .NET assemblies? I mean you
could use something like OpenSSL.NET
(http://openssl-net.sourceforge.net/) today to implement ssl in
IronRuby for example

I believe a future goal is to actually support loading unmanaged
extensions (this is based strictly on comments in the code, noone's
actually said this as far as I know).